Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dakc’s Disco Dhamaka!!!

We all danced to the “Rhythm Divine”. “The Reason”: Sweet Dakc turns Sweet 16 in the “Summer of 2005”. Anybody “In the Shadows” was told “Teri to Teri Taan”; “Don’t be Shy” my honey. There was a lot of “dhuaan”, everybody was “Out of Control” and of course “humne kiya dhamal”.

A million, nonagullion thanks to Dakshina, and as many super-duper good wishes on her birthday. After a long, long time our hip ‘n’ happening batch (we’re the best!) got together to shake a leg, quite simply- dance. Dance, we did and how!!! Best thing was- there were fans overhead and plenty of drinks.

As soon as I entered, a big, sturdy, dance floor stood in front of me, begging me to dance, little lights, flashy lights, shiny lights going beserk on the floor, on the wall, daring me to move with them. How could anyone resist?

We’ve reached the 2nd millennium and believe you me; there are songs and more songs which get your feet moving, your body and brain moving in sync.

Bhangra beats, rap, oldies, “remixes” we heard it all; everybody passed off their jumping and wild steps as dance. It’s a surprise we didn’t get any threatening neighbours.

Something which deserves more than just the mention I can give to it was the CAKE.

Chocolate cake, creamy chocolate icing always makes for yummmmm stuff, but this one

“Took the cake” so to say. I have never tasted better or found a cake more apt for squishing and squashing on someone’s face.


Of course, my friends, my pals, my chums (I trust you know who I’m talking about by now) figured in my thoughts. I find it amazing how tiny little “cuties” like us can turn into sizzling babes and rocking punks. Outfits, jeans, t-shirts, tops, skirts, shirts- apna apna ishhtyle and yet each one of us blend together like “ghee-shakkar” and ROCK THA PARTY!!

And a smashing, ripping, swashbuckling party it was. I WUZ THERE!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dhruv friggin thought...

And a smashing, ripping, swashbuckling description it was. I READ IT!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Aditi Ahuja friggin thought...

i wish i was there....but darn!dakshina didnt invite me!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous friggin thought...

hey ud thnx fr d amazin desciption of da party.... am glad u liked it.... n yp da cake was delicious!!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous friggin thought...

hey ud thnx fr d amazin desciption of da party.... am glad u liked it.... n yp da cake was delicious!!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home