Sunday, June 26, 2005

You do it too

Total books I own: I think it must be around 40 - 50 or so, that’s not counting my dad’s collection which includes some very weird books. I prefer borrowing from libraries.

Last book I bought: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

Last book I read: The Godfather by Mario Puzo, I know I’m a little late on it, but what the heck.

Five books that mean a lot to me:

Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov- It’s a brilliant projection of the future of our Galaxy, complete with explanations about most things, rules of society, problems et al, (sociology’s the word) very believable account of the times to come.

The Godfather- Mario Puzo: I liked the story, though the style of writing was quite pathetic, the book veered from one time frame to another. There was never a continuous flow of the story. It would be good if all of us learn a lesson or two from Don Corleone.

The Lord of the Rings J.R.R. Tolkien- the bestest piece of fiction ever. Tolkien has played the role of creator and operator with more than a human share of ingenuity.

P.G. Wodehouse : His books or I should say this man has taught me what a confubbled place this world is or can be. Coupled with a speech of Steve Jobs, he’s shown me LIGHT.

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: Humour at its best by Douglas Adams. The concept of lunch, dinner at the End of the universe, and of course the answer to the ultimate question- 42. the best thing however about the book was God’s final message to his creation- “” sorry for the inconvenience””

I pick Rachita, Kanika, Rhea, Radhika, Gudi, Dhruv, Aditi and Anahita to put up their list of books.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous friggin thought...

Wot d'u mean u pick Kanika,gudi, rhea..... to give deir account? U mean u wan dem to tell u all dis bout demselves too???
well i luv books n tokin bout dem..............bt since u din ask me bout my choice........I WON TELL U........
gud books.........i'm a big fan of tolkien's too........BIG BIG fan.......i fell lik knockin ppl down hu criticise him
gud books....not a bad choice......but i won tell bout mine....................................................coz u din ask!
Salona

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous friggin thought...

Oh ive already been tagged by Jatin..neways i just loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee Godfather and yeah it was d last book i read too....Keep bloggin....tv sux...as i olredy wrote...n ok u win wid the 4 posts...kitni mehnat karta hai...sirf mera ek chhota sa record todne ke liye...i wsnt boastin bout it neways!!
Neways keep bloggin UD pal

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home