Sunday, July 24, 2005

I AM BACK!!

Yippee yay! Finally, after a looong time I have realized the folly of not posting. Rather a lot has happened during this specific sabbatical, what with school starting, fiit jee, blah blah, I could go on. But CEASE, posting after such a long time, I have no desire to have my fingers roll over the keyboard just so that whoever reads this shakes his/her head in boredom.

I just saw Sarkar. It’s been widely publicized as RG Verma’s take on Godfather. As it is nearly always, it doesn’t quite match up to book (read not at all). They have slightly modified the story line, much to my relief. What surprised me most was

1. The characters never became entirely clear- helluva lot of guesswork

2. With a Bollywood license, I would have expected the movie to be long, at least 3.5 hours. That way the story, the subtlety could have been brought out a gazillion times better.

3. Overall, I’d give the movie “decent” only because I watched it on VCD.

Past 2 days I’d been on a very severe anger trip. No study, study, football, late, door on head (swear could have torn it down right there), scold, sucky section, sadness and controversy in other ppl’s lives- all in all horrendous. Thankfully, I’ve recovered. That’s part of the reason for blogging too!! I’ll be back with a better post soon. And peeps is a very weird thing to call ‘people’.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home